Enhanced Support Housing
In 2010, MPA Society added to its continuum of housing services by opening 2 Enhanced Supported Housing programs. Meridian Village, located in Port Coquitlam and Hall Towers located in Burnaby provide an independent living environment with on-site support from MPA Society staff. Participants of these two unique programs live independently in safe and affordable market rental apartment complexes.
This hybrid model of supported independent living is based on the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation with efforts directed towards increased self-autonomy, life skills development and empowerment. Supports and services are provided in partnership with local mental health centers and other community resources.
The Enhanced Supported Housing programs provide flexibility in programming by meeting the individual needs of each participant. MPA Society staff are available 24 hours every day to provide the supports needed by each individual as they strive to achieve their personal goals.
Support and Services Offered
- Life skills training, meal planning, cooking, budgeting and finances, home management
- One hot meal service per day
- Financial subsidies
- Social and peer support
- Vocational training/access to volunteer programs
- Recreation, health and fitness
- Advocacy and legal services
- Referrals for mental health and addictions treatment and information
- Illness and symptom management
- Client centered medication support program
- Public transportation
- Community resources and supports
MPA Society believes that the road to recovery is unique to each individual and involves making informed and educated choices while reclaiming the hope and power to change one’s life for the better. The Enhanced Supported Housing Program supports participants to live independently while becoming connected to their chosen community in ways that are meaningful to them.