MPA Resource Centre
COVID-19 UPDATE - July 2020
The MPA Resource Centre is excited to be able to open our doors again and welcome you back. Please read the important message below before you visit us. We want to make sure you have the information you need to keep you and us safe and healthy.
- We are only able to allow 20 Members in at a time, on a first come, first served basis
- We are open from 10AM-1PM. Closed from 1PM-2PM (to allow for in depth cleaning). Open from 2PM-5PM.
- Anyone with any COVID-19 symptoms will not be able to attend, Staff will confirm each member.
- Please wash your hands with soap and water as soon as you enter.
- Fewer activities, no outings for now.
- Breakfast & Dinner will be available with a “to-go” option for dinner.
- New Member sign-up is limited to Wednesdays between 11AM & 1PM.
- There will be activities but they will be fewer and only those that can support social distancing.
- Please do NOT move the furniture; it has been purposefully placed to support maintaining distance
- Staff will be offering you a mask to wear. Wearing of masks is optional (but encouraged) unless you are in a circumstance where you are not able to maintain distance. Wearing mask is optional unless physical distance is not possible. Then it is mandatory.
What’s not Different:
- We love having you spend time with us.
- We ALL have an opportunity to show kindness and patience during this transition.
- Communication and understanding will be important as we learn together.
- We will get through this and back to normal!
Thank you for your support!
People with mental illness can be vulnerable and stigmatized. The MPA Resource Centre, located at 2275 Fir Street in Vancouver, provides a safe community setting where our members can socialize and engage in peer support in a welcoming and non-judgmental environment. The Resource Centre is open Monday to Friday: 10:00am - 7:30 pm; Saturday and Sunday: 12:00pm - 7:30 pm.
The Resource Centre can be reached by calling 604-482-3712.
To provide resources which enhance the quality of life of individuals with mental illness, through community involvement, advocacy and support.
The needs of our membership are met through advocacy, activities and social gatherings, including meals.
Supports and Services offered:
- Homeless Outreach Worker
- Hot meal program
- Weekly Food Bank
- Access to Shower and Laundry Facilities
- Use of computers and internet
- Assistance with Resume Preparation, Job search, Housing search
- Social Programming/Recreational Therapy including: conversation clubs, pool and ping pong tournaments, art projects, and sports and fitness activities
The MPA Society Resource Centre endeavors to offer a comprehensive array of social, recreational and skill building activities to people living with mental illness. By providing resources for accessing the basic needs of nourishment and housing, members are able to improve the quality of their lives while pursuing enjoyment of these activities.
The MPA Resource Centre is a membership based resource available to people who live with mental illness. Membership implies both connection and responsibility. Members have created expectations of conduct for attendees to follow, ensuring the peaceful enjoyment and safety for everyone accessing this valuable resource.
There is no cost for membership.
The Resource Centre does intakes for new memberships two days per week. The days/times are as follows:
Mondays: 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Wednesdays: 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Please bring proof of mental health consumption with you to the intake (current medications or prescription in their name, doctor’s note) in order to make the process efficient and membership immediate.
Eligibility and Application:
The MPA Resource Centre welcomes individuals over the age of 19 who are recovering from mental illness. Individuals wishing to become Members must be able to demonstrate, that at some time, they have received psychiatric treatment and are over the age of nineteen. They may be asked to provide a contact that can verify that they are eligible for Membership of the MPA Society. In addition, they are asked to agree to honor the Mission, Vision and Philosophy and to uphold the Bylaws and Constitution of the MPA Society.
Monthly Calendar of Events June 2020 Activity Calendar May 2020 Stay-At-Home Activity Calendar